We understand this is a very worrying time for many people, so we want to assure our members we are taking every precaution with respect to the coronavirus/Covid19 pandemic and our martial arts training.
Our chief instructor Master Olpin has completed a specific course with the British Martial Arts and Boxing Association (BMABA) on Covid-19 awareness and coaching during this time. There is a copy of his certification for this to the right of this page.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact him directly.
Physical Classes suspended from Monday 4th January 2021
As the government has now moved most of the UK into lockdown again, we will be transitioning to online video classes during this period.
Rest assured, as we did during the previous lockdown, we will continue to provide online classes during this period in accordance with your normal training schedule so nobody will miss out on any trainin.
We would like to encourage all our members to step up and engage with their class mates online, on Facebook and our own user forum as these are ideal platforms to keep up your training and work on your knowledge during this short intermission.
Instructions on how to access them will be in the members section of the site and they videos will also be shared in our private members group on Facebook.
Covid-19 hasn’t gone away. And as we know it is still affecting us all in many different ways. However, we are allowed to run our classes again, for which we are all very grateful, but of course we need to be careful to minimise any risk to ourselves and our fellow students.
The following notes are important so please read them carefully
If you feel ill you must not come to class
As always please do not come to the school or bring your child to training if there is any suspicion of Covid-19 symptoms within your household, including;
- Generally feeling unwell
- High temperature
- Persistent coughing or sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
This is sensible advice for *any* time, not just during this virus pandemic.
If any member of your household has been advised to self-isolate then you must follow all official advice and isolate yourselves for the required 14 day period.
Please do not come to class or bring your child to training if you have recently returned from travelling to any of the areas currently known to be affected by outbreaks of Covid-19/ Coronavirus. Contact your doctor for more information.
Any persons who come to the school showing any symptom of illness (however mild) will be asked to leave. Please help us to avoid this embarrassing situation by heeding the advice given above
In an effort to follow best advice, improve hygiene and reduce the possibility of transmission within our academy, we ask that all members and visitors wash their hands thoroughly upon arrival at the school, as well as continuing to practise good hygiene as one would normally expect for a martial arts practitioner (i.e. shower before and after training, was your uniform after every use, don’t share personal equipment etc).
We will ensure that our training pads/bags are properly cleaned with disinfectant wipes before/after any session when they are used in class.
At the School
- Observe social distancing at all times, both in an outside the premises.
- Please take note of any notices at the school
- Please don’t enter the building until invited to do so and previous classes have left.
- We’ll welcome the students in at the cloakroom door and will ask parents and other visitors to remain outside the school unless they have a specific need to be in class.
- You are of course always welcome to observe classes, but would ask you to maintain strict social distancing if you do need to come in and it will be STRICTLY one adult spectator only, no additional children or any other persons in the hall.
- Wash your hands before & after class, or use hand sanitizer
- We will have a short gap between classes to sanitise contact surfaces such as door handles
- Please remain only in the areas we use for training and avoid contact with any other areas.
- We must maintain social distancing wherever feasibly possible, so primarily we will be training in-place with markers on the floor for all students to maintain the recommended 2m distancing
- At present we will adjust training activities to focus on solo training and will not be doing any partner drills or sparring activities until advised otherwise by the BMABA.
- Please do not bring any sparring gear or other non-essential items into the school unless advised otherwise.
- We may be able to do some bag/pad drills soon, but will require all students to have a pair of personal bag gloves to do so, which must be sanitised before and after each session. These can be purchased online at a very reasonable cost or supplied by the school (we’ll get some at trade discount).
- Uniforms should be washed between classes. If this is an issue for you then it is acceptable to wear a PLAIN black or white coloured t-shirt for the second class of the week, but please no ‘fashion’ shirts or fancy designs.
- Although the floor is relatively low risk, as we are unable to clear the floor between classes, we are happy for students to train in appropriate footwear. This means lightweight flat trainers/daps only though please, no big chunky shoes and nothing which will mark the floor.