The following notes relate to where you should be before we can consider an application for a higher Black Belt promotion.
- All syllabus to your current grade to a high standard. It goes without saying that all fundamentals, patterns & pairwork should be performed confidently and without hesitation.
- You should be able to explain the basic syllabus and applications of techniques up to and including your current grade.
- You should be able to demonstrate the patterns for your next grade to a good standard. Remember, the pre-grading preparation is the time for polish, not for learning new things!
- You should be able to explain the fundamental concepts of this approach, and how they relate to a traditional syllabus.
- You should be able to explain and demonstrate a variety of ‘players’ in relation to both physical and psychological aspects of self protection/self defence.
- You should be able to explain the key principles of our training philosophy, whether to a third party or to another experienced martial artist.
- A very pro-active approach to your own training, in and out of class
- Consistently good attendance
- Active support of the Academy and your fellow students